Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Who Rigged the Rocket?

Today Roger Clemens testified before a Congressional panel and stated that he never received steroid injections from his trainer, Brian McNamee. He said teammate Andy Pettitte "misremembered" a conversation he had with Clemens in which Clemens told Pettitte that he had used HGH. He said his trainer, McNamee, injected Clemens' wife with Human Growth Hormone (HGH), not himself. He only received Vitamin B12 injections from McNamee, not HGH. Basically the Rocket blamed everyone but himself.

Brian McNamee sat two seats down from Clemens and stated he did inject Clemens with HGH. Both had sworn to tell the truth to the Congressional panel. Internet polls are showing that many more people believe McNamee than Clemens; almost 3-to-1 in favor of McNamee.

I don't know who to believe. I don't know that I care. I think most of the MLB players have used performance-enhancing drugs in the 90's and 00's. I don't think anyone could have competed in the majors if they didn't.

I just hate to see all my childhood heroes falling one by one like a line of Dominoes.

No comments: