Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Backpacking Trip

I have had a very busy week and haven't been able to update my blog. In my last entry I was trying to figure out where I would go on my week long backpacking trip in Kentucky. I ended up spending six nights and seven days on the trail.

I spent three nights at the Big South Fork National Recreational Area and National River near Stearns, Kentucky. Then I hiked back to my car and drove to Mammoth Cave National Park in Mammoth Cave, Kentucky for a three night hiking and camping trip.

I took a notebook with me and kept a journal of my trip. In the near future I'll add entries for each day of the trip. It was definitely a trip I will never forget. In the mean time, here are some teaser photos from the trip. I'll explain them in the upcoming entries.


Princess Falls

Canoes on the Big South Fork River

Drainage Waterfall HDR

Sheltowee Trace

Cotton Patch Creek

My Camp in the Snow Day 3

Morning Mist on the Big South Fork River

Bobcat Territorial Marking

Its Snowing on my Tent

Sheltowee Trace Bridge over Lick Creek

No comments: